Palace Malacrida – Morbegno (Sondrio). XVII century.


Municipal property. Construction of the building began in 1679, when the family Malacrida bought houses and land in the district called “cima alle case.”

You have to get to the years 1758-1762 when the building takes on the features present, thanks to the work of the architect Pietro Solaris Bolvedro.

Great painters worked in those years: the morbegnese Giovan Pietro Romegialli, painted the Aurora and the Rape of Ganymede; Caesar Ligari depicted the triumph of virtue in the arts and sciences over ignorance, the three graces; Giuseppe Coduri called Vignoli from Como produced the wall-squares painted on the first floor.

In 1820 the family Malacrida lapsed, and the building became other family’s property until 1989 when the property becomes public.

Sources and Reference Documents

a) There is a part of the municipal archive.
b) There is no collection.


Accessibility and available spaces

The palace can be visited only during specific events, or by request.


City of Morbegno 0342 606211

How to reach Palace Malacrida – Morbegno (So)

Go to the Map

united-kingdom-great-britain English   italy-flag-icon Italiano